Click to copy IP
hy-pvp.net0/500

Jxgger's Staff Application

Discussion in 'Staff' started by Jxgger, Jun 18, 2017.

?

Should Jxgger get staff?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. I don't care!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jxgger

Jxgger Member Member

Minecraft username (post previous names if possible):
    CURRENT IGN: Jxgger PREVIOUS IGNS: Slapifyy, Rektified+

16 years old (Just turned 16 on June 3rd)

Location/Timezone:
    New York, United States (Eastern Standard Time)

Do you use TeamSpeak and Skype (do not give out your Skype name):
    I have both TeamSpeak, and Skype. Unfortunately, I have just recently broken my mic so I will not be able to speak until I can buy a new one.

How long have you been playing Hysteria for:

I honestly do not know how long I have been playing Hysteria. I believe I have been playing for a few weeks, but the server is great! I began playing Hysteria Network because of a friend named Grxnite, who told me how good this server is and how awesome the community was, and the second I joined, I had people messaging me saying welcome. Hysteria has shaped me into a better person, and also a better pvper.

How long can you spend online and how:
    Monday: 3:20 PM - 10:00 PM
    Tuesday: 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM
    Wednesday: 4:00 PM - 10:00 PM
    Thursday: 3:20 PM - 10:00 PM
    Friday: 4:00 PM - 1:00 AM
    Saturday: 12:00 AM - 2:00 AM
    Sunday: 3:20 PM - 10:00 PM

Explanation:
    This schedule will often change because of what my schedule is going to look like during the summer. These times will also change once my football clinics end which is on Thursday. On days that I do not have anything to do I can devote all of my time to helping Hysteria Network.

What single sub-server do you spend the most time on (factions, practice, soup FFA..):

I often play on PracticePVP and Factions. I would prefer the rank on PracticePVP, because I am better at looking for hackers, and I've seen many hackers on PracticePVP.

Have you ever been banned, if so why:
    I have never been banned or punished from Hysteria Network, and I never plan to be punished.

Why you should be staff:
    I should be staff because I am a respectful, and hard working person. Anything that is done by me will be done to the best of my ability until I cannot do it any longer. I want this server to have the least toxic community a server has ever had. I will try my best to moderate the chat and ban rule breakers. The purpose of me applying is that I want to help out other people because everyone deserves to be treated well. I can treat people with respect if they are hackers, or even if they are toxic, because in the end we are all humans, and all humans deserve respect. A lot of the time there aren't many staff members on, and there are a lot of hackers, so I can be on very often recording, ssing and banning all of those hackers. I know I like when people welcome me and tell me to have a nice day, so I will treat other people how I think they should be treated. I can record any hackers I see, but I can also help in the chat with moderating the chat from advertisers, and spammers. But I always won't sweat trying to keep the chat moderated, and keeping hackers off the server. I will try my best, but I also have a life so I go outside and play sometimes. I can also bring a high level of maturity to the staff team. I know that if some staff members are not mature, a lot of the other staff and members will take do the same as you are. So I believe that I need to be a leader. I truly believe that I should be taken in by the Hysteria Staff Team. I believe that I am very different from other applicants for this job. I think that I have much more experience than other players with moderating servers because I have been moderating servers for a while. Also, most other applicants get very bored of what they do every day, and who they have to deal with, but this is not me. I love doing what I have to do, and I love communicating with people, I find it very enjoyable to be helping people out and doing what I have to do. I know that I am very different than other applicants.

How do you treat players:
    I treat players with respect, as I said above I believe that all players hackers or not should be treated with respect, because in the end it's a block game, and everyone is a human. I also will not favor anyone if they are donators, hackers or fair players. I will try my best to make the best decisions for the server, I can even ask other members of the staff for their opinions on the situation. I believe that if the staff do not treat players well, then players will take on the same role, and they will treat other people with disrespect, and unfairness. I honestly don't even know why some people are toxic, it is always better to be nice, because most likely you will be more appreciated, and liked. Over my many years of experience in moderating servers I have noticed that respect is key to being appreciated, and making a better community. I would punish people with the punishments they deserve, and I wouldn't abuse any of my powers.

Do you have any experience as a staff member of any organization (doesn't have to be Minecraft):
    I have a lot of experience with moderating servers, and I have also worked for a company.
    About 6 months ago I worked for a server called ReactiveMC which had at least 1000 players daily. I started at Helper on their prison server and then worked my way all the way up to a GlobalAdmin. This shows how dedicated I am to helping people on servers. That was one of the first servers I was ever staff on, and it was an amazing experience until I resigned because I had to focus more on school. ReactiveMC staff and community shaped me into a better person, because they taught me to always be confident, and always believe in myself. I've also been staff on multiple practice/hcf servers that we'rent as successful as ReactiveMC, but they still taught me the aspects of moderating servers, and how to ss/punish rule breakers.

Languages you speak fluently:

I currently only speak English fluently, but I have been taking Spanish for at least 3 years, so I am not very skilled, but I know the basics.

Notes/Comments:
    I have applied for many servers, thinks 'no I'm never going to get accepted' but for the past few months my entire attitude has changed. I am very self-confident and am always willing to help.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017 at 1:04 AM
  2. SkillsRemoved

SkillsRemoved Member Member

• Good details
    • No mistakes
    • +1 good luck

3. Jxgger

Jxgger Member Member

Thank you very much for this reply, it means a lot!

4. SkillsRemoved

SkillsRemoved Member Member

you welcome

5. Jxgger

Jxgger Member Member

Although I was not told that there we're grammatical errors I found a few, and brushed them up! ;)

6. Slashed

Slashed Member Member

Needs more detail.

7. Jxgger

Jxgger Member Member

Thank you for your response! Is there any specific spot where I need to add a bit of detail?

8. Slashed

Slashed Member Member

Everywhere would be wise/
    If you need more insight, please refer to other applications that have been accepted/is good. (Don't copy the application when referring to other applications.)

9. Jxgger

Jxgger Member Member

10. Emmies

Emmies Moderator Moderator

Wait a second... this entire application is pretty much grammatically.. perfect. Yet, this right here is.. is.. something else?

11. Jxgger

Jxgger Member Member

I had a very long day, I didn't revise my comments, and honestly, I didn't think I would be judged on what I comment.

12. daniel

daniel Member Member

+1, but I think to win others' support, you might wanna make yourself stand out. The things you say are really good, but you need to expand them and then you'll be on your way.

13. Jxgger

Jxgger Member Member

Thank you for your feedback. I will try and edit everything that has been noted.

14. Grxnite

Grxnite Moderator Moderator

1. Great Application
    2. Long and has detail
    3. Honest and nice in TS
    4. +1

15. Emmies

Emmies Moderator Moderator

Overall opinion: I think you want to be staff and possibly have what it takes,
    but your application is bland in a sense that, you've only put what you need to
    and haven't told me about, you. I know nothing about the person you are, only that you
    are willing to help... That's kind of a requirement and so is being fair and respectful. Tell
    me about events in your life, it can be something from a friend, to a class that changed
    the way you think and made you more fit for helping others. I know you care for this
    position and that's the thing that makes me not want to -1 this application, but it's not
    fair to the other who have put what makes the unique and different. -1

Reasons and analysis: http://prntscr.com/fnipou

16. CaptainHA

CaptainHA Moderator Moderator

I feel that what you say is true when it comes to this staff application but nonetheless he looks like he could qualify for the job nonetheless. I do agree with you though on the part where he should put something that makes him stand out from all of the other players that are trying out for staff though. I have seen a lot of good applications what makes you the one?

17. Jxgger

Jxgger Member Member

Thank you for your reply, but I was confused when you talked about me trying to make people feel bad.
    I quote, "I have applied for many servers, thinks 'no I'm never going to get accepted' but for the past few months my entire attitude has changed." This means that I have thought this, but my attitude has changed and I think that I am able to get staff if I work had enough.
    Overall thanks for the feedback, if there is anything else you think I need please give me more feedback!